Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Animals in the yard

I've been noticing more animal activity lately, from possums all the way to skunks in my yard. If you're animal gets sprayed by a skunk the best thing I have found to treat them is this.

De-Skunking Shampoo made up of:

  • 1 quart peroxide
  • ¼ C baking soda
  • 1 Tbs. liquid hand soap.

Mix all ingredients together and shampoo the animal thoroughly keeping out of eyes, nose, and mouth. Soak 5 minutes and rinse well.If the spray got into your pets eyes, flush them liberally with water, its irritating but will cause no long term damage. In the house I found if you simmer vinegar in a pan on the stove it will waft through the house and kill the skunk smell. I used it myself last year when my dog got sprayed and came and jumped on my bed, Whoa it was like someone slapped me, it was so strong. So just some friendly advice from someone that's been there.

Big Al the Bigman.

Askbugman.com

U. S. Pest

No comments:

Post a Comment